Introducing everybody's favorite physics simulator, Numerical Physics PRO ...
... the world's most powerful and intuitive touch-based physics simulator.
Numerical Physics (Pro) is a touch-based, explicitly numerical, real-time, *point-particle* simulator of Newtonian mechanics in two dimensions for iOS and Mac devices, built around a custom physics engine. It can model, animate and numerically solve with high accuracy a wide class of high school and University mechanics problems you set up yourself using its direct, intuitive touch interface and its open-world 'sandbox' design.
Written by a physicist and educator, designed for educators and students of physics.
Its main main features include the ability to:
· generate dynamically: free-body diagrams, trajectories, and graphs of physical quantities as the system evolves;
· apply a set of standard 'explicit forces' (gravity, drag, spring restoring, inverse square forces);
· constrain bodies to inclines (with or without realistic friction);
· connect bodies to each other via springs, inverse square law forces, direct tension force constraints, or indirectly through pulley fixed points;
· kinematically constrain (i.e. pre-determine) a body’s motion;
· cause unconstrained and certain singly-constrained bodies to participate in collisions with each other or with a constraint surface, with a user-specified coefficient of restitution, and determine scattering angles and speeds.
Written from the ground up Numerical Physics' features include:
· a complete, future-extensible tutorial system: learn physics as you how to use the app; includes four built-in tutorials of increasing complexity that fully explore all of the apps features;
· a ‘labeled free-body diagram’ view: see, edit, graph and delete your forces right from the FBD;
· a UI that gets out of your way and maximizes screen real estate while keeping all features no more than two steps away;
· a custom high accuracy, high performance physics engine;
· all in-app bundle examples; no internet connection required;
· universal app design: a single app runs on iPhones of all screen sizes and iPads and now the Mac with a resizeable main window and menu support;
Numerical Physics can easily model complex systems numerically that cannot be analytically solved with its choice of five different numerical integrators, time-step, frame rate, and simulation rate control.
Numerical Physics Pro includes the following advanced features:
· Advanced Graphing and Data Export: create property vs property, multi-body, and multiple graphs, and export numerical data to apps like spreadsheets;
· Custom Forces and Constraint Curves: create essentially arbitrary position, velocity or time dependent external and interbody forces, and create user-defined ‘non-straight’ constraint curves and surfaces;
· Halter-Solver: specify a 'halting condition' on any physical property of a body that can be graphed: this means that 'Numerical Physics' can be used to numerically solve a wide range of problems commonly encountered in high school through second year University mechanics.
· Multibody and Tension Constraint Solver: create an arbitrary number of bodies (>2), and subject them to as many constraints as is physically consistent. Use it to create powerful simulations of Lagrangian mechanics constrained problems.
What's New in Version 1.32
• bugfixes and optimization for iPad Pros (e.g. 120 Hz rendering support, graphs in landscape mode)
• persistent layer Metal rendering rewritten and optimized [rendered off-screen instead of to a separate layer to eliminate idiosyncratic (micro)stuttering; any possible lingering random (micro)stuttering issues would now be confined to simulations with graphs due to their reduced frame rate updates.]
• legacy OpenGL renderer dropped (base iOS version is only supported by iOS/iPad OS devices that support Metal) and code refactored
• internal code refactoring around screen sizing, orientations, and graphing 'windows'
VPP Device Licensing
iOS 12.0 or later
iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13 mini, iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (6th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro, iPad Pro (Cellular), iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) (Cellular), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air (Cellular), iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 (Cellular), iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini Retina, iPad mini Retina (Cellular), iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 (Cellular), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 (Cellular), iPad mini (5th Generation), iPad mini (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (4th Generation) (Wi-Fi), iPad Air (4th Generation) (Wi-Fi + Cellular), iPad (8th generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (8th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd generation), iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th Generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (9th Generation), iPad (9th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (6th Generation), iPad mini (6th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th Generation), iPod touch (7th generation), Mac Desktop