Been using this for over 8 months now. The simplicity of the app prevents me from wasting time. As a Product Designer I testify that Linea has some of the best UX among sketching tools. The tools have been designed very thoughtfully. Highly recommended to other desingers who need a great tool to replace their pen+paper workflow. I've converted my entire team to Linea.
Linea Sketch gives you the right balance of power and control to capture your thoughts and ideas effortlessly. The focus stays where it belongs: on your creations, not on the tools.
What People Are Saying:
⁕ The best possible sketching experience whether you are drawing, prototyping an app interface, storyboarding, taking notes, or something else. - MacStories
⁕ The color swatch in Linea is fantastic...It fits a spectrum of color options into a very compact space. - 9 to 5 Mac
⁕ Linea is approachable for all – and will quite likely prove to be useful and enjoyable by all. - SlashGear
Why Linea Sketch?
• Easy Colors - Choose from a wide range of pre-defined colors, or customize colors with a single tap. Auto generated tints & shades saves time and effort.
• Minimal UI - Every control is designed to stay out of your way until you need it. Linea Sketch’s elegant interface puts the focus on your creations.
• Move / Transform - Lasso part of your sketch, move it, rotate it, resize it. Transform your creations quickly & easily.
• Elegant Layers - Simplified set of layers that can be easily rearranged, merged & adjusted. Import images for reference or to trace on top of from Files, Dropbox & more.
• ZipLine - An intuitive way to make straight lines and polygons. Draw a line and hold at the end to automatically straighten it. Tap & hold to connect ZipLines to form polygons.
• Grids & Templates - A wide range of traditional grids, 3D isometric lines, storyboards, and templates for iOS screen or icon design.
• Flexible Exporting - Export your work as a layered Photoshop document, transparent PNG, and more. Export entire drawings or cropped portions to a range of services including Slack and Dropbox.
• Touch Eraser - Ever used your finger to erase a whiteboard? Linea Sketch lets you wipe the screen with your finger to correct mistakes and your hands stay clean!
• iCloud Sync - Automatically keeps all of your sketches & projects up-to-date across all of your devices.
Complete Feature Set:
• Technical Pencil - Hard lead, thin lines. Pressure sensitive.
• Classic Pencil - Soft lead, thick lines. Pressure sensitive.
• Felt Tip Pen - Thin solid lines that vary in opacity with pressure
• Wide Tip Marker - Fat solid lines that vary with pressure
• Eraser - Clean up your work with a finger touch or pressure sensitivity
• Tilted Rendering - Each tool works differently when an Apple Pencil is used flat against the screen.
• Always on-screen & easily available
• 2 banks of pre-defined colors + 6 tints & shades each
• Auto-generation of tints and shades
• Drag & drop color swatches into Linea Sketch from other apps
• Creation of custom color sets
• Hue/Saturation adjustments
• 5 flexible layers
• Easily merge & clear
• Import images from Files, Dropbox & more to reference
• Drag & drop to rearrange
• Opacity adjustment
Grids & Templates:
• Notepads with wide & narrow rules in both portrait & landscape
• App user interface and icon design templates
• Traditional grids in lines & dots
• Storyboards in 16:9, 1.85:1, and 2.35:1 ratios
• 3D isometric grid
• Hexagonal graph paper
Backgrounds & Paper Textures:
• Turn paper texture on/off
• Paper grain
• Butcher’s paper
• Black construction
• Gray Bristol
• Save as layered Photoshop PSD, transparent PNG, or flattened JPEG
• Save all or just a portion of each drawing
• iOS Share sheet support
• Export to Slack, Dropbox, AirDrop & more
• Presentation Mode to video out or AirPlay to Apple TV
• Organize drawings in project folders
• Share, rename, move and remove drawings / projects
• Thumbnail previews of drawings save time
• Two-finger tap for quick Undo
• Three-finger tap for Redo
• Pinch to zoom and rotate
• Compass shows which way is up
• Tap Compass to lock, flip, or reset
• Long-press the Compass to reset
• Works in portrait & landscape orientations
• Supports split screen & drag and drop
What's New in Version 2.8
Performance improvements for ZipShapes, a new sorting option for multi-page PDF, the ability to turn off tilt when drawing with Apple Pencil, and more.
• Preference to turn off tilt support when sketching with Apple Pencil
• Ability to sort multi-page PDF output by newest or oldest sketches first
• Export as PDF is now available on project folders when no sketches are selected
• Better performance with ZipShapes drawn using the Art Pencil & Felt Tip Pen
• Sketches & imported images are no longer blurry when pasted onto the canvas
• Overlay in Crop & Export... is now visible on sketches with dark backgrounds
• Fixed a contrast issue with the button used to close a project
• Fixed a contrast issue with the 3x2 App Icon template
• Fixed a rendering problem with the hexagonal grid
• The "Paper Grain" background was re-named to "White Bond" for clarity
VPP Device Licensing
iOS 12.4 or later
iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (6th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro, iPad Pro (Cellular), iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) (Cellular), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air (Cellular), iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 (Cellular), iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini Retina, iPad mini Retina (Cellular), iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 (Cellular), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 (Cellular), iPad mini (5th Generation), iPad mini (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular
The new ZipLine feature is great for wireframing User Interfaces, and an innovative interaction itself!
Another neat interaction is the one where you can draw using the pencil and use the hands as an eraser. A great implementation of iOS being able to distinguish between Apple Pencil input and other touch inputs.
I use Linea primarily as a sketch pad for my ideas.
Would love to see automatic shape detection and blending effects for layers, in the future updates.