Textastic is a fast and versatile text, code and markup editor. It supports syntax highlighting of more than 80 programming and markup languages. Connect to FTP, SFTP, SSH and WebDAV servers or to your Dropbox or Google Drive account. Use the built-in WebDAV server to easily transfer files from your Mac or PC over Wi-Fi.
• Syntax highlighting of more than 80 languages:
• Compatible with TextMate and Sublime Text 3 syntax definitions and themes
• Emmet support
• FTP, FTPS (FTP over SSL), SFTP (SSH connection), WebDAV, Dropbox and Google Drive clients
• SSH terminal connections
• Git repositories from the Git client app Working Copy can be opened as external folders in Textastic
• iCloud Drive
• WebDAV server
• Symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Full external keyboard support
• Configurable keyboard shortcuts
• Displays additional keys over the virtual keyboard to make it easy to type characters often used for programming
• Cursor navigation wheel for easy text selection
• Easily move the cursor using swipe gestures
• Split View and Slide Over multitasking on iPad
• Open multiple files in tabs
• Multiple Windows on iPadOS
• Support for Dark Mode
• Supports most encodings like UTF-8, ISO-8859-1, CP 1251 or MacRoman
• Supports different tab widths and soft tabs (spaces instead of tabs)
• Customizable font and font sizes
• Find & Replace (including regular expression search)
• File information like character count and word count
• Send files by email
• Local and remote web preview for HTML and Markdown files
• Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion
• Custom fonts
Textastic supports several ways to import your files:
• Connect to (S)FTP and WebDAV servers, Dropbox or Google Drive
• By using "Open In" in other apps
• Over Wi-Fi with the built-in WebDAV server
Don't hesitate to tell me the features you want to see in the next version!
What's New in Version 9.7.2
- When adding an iCloud Drive folder as an external folder to Textastic, files were not automatically downloaded.
- Added support for connecting to IPv6 addresses using SFTP. Previously, you needed to add square brackets around IPv6 addresses entered in the "Host" field.
Other minor fixes:
- On iPhone, the status bar background could disappear when coming back to Textastic from another app.
- The file transfer progress screen could be dismissed by dragging it down or tapping outside of it. Now, tapping the "Cancel" button is required.
- When an SSH terminal tab is active, the "recent files" and "terminal" buttons now stay on the left side and don't move to the right side anymore.