I migrated from Apple Notes and some how with the help from export app i exported all notes and imported to Bear and everything is well only one thing i miss the RTL support my arabic text dont go right side rest i love app
Bear is a focused, flexible notes app used by writers, lawyers, chefs, teachers, engineers, students, parents and more! Bear has quick organisation, editing tools, and export options to help you write quickly and share anywhere and preserve your privacy with encryption.
2017 Apple Design Award
App Store App of the Year 2016
“My journaling app of choice is Bear” - Kit Eaton, New York Times
*WRITE YOUR WAY* with flexible yet simple tools
- Tools stay out of your way so you can just write
- **NEW** Encrypt individual notes and lock Bear with Face/Touch ID (Bear Pro required. Learn more below)
- Easily create notes with Siri and iOS Shortcuts
- Use Apple Watch to dictate and append to recent notes
- Pick from over a dozen themes for the perfect writing space (requires Bear Pro. Learn more below)
- Support for sketching, drawing, and Apple Pencil (and other styli)
- Grab images, text, files, and clip web pages with Bear’s app extension
*ORGANIZE QUICKLY* with tasks and #tags
- Add #tags, #multi-word tags# and even #multiple/nested/tags anywhere in a note for quick organization
- Add tasks to notes to stay on track
- Archive notes to keep them around, but out of your way
- Use Cross-Note Links to build a body of work, reference other notes, and more
- Pick custom icons to help important tags stand out in the Sidebar
- Use emoji autocomplete to add style to your tasks, journals, headings, and more
- Multiple export options including HTML, PDF, DOCX, MD, JPG, EPUB, and TextBundle (some export options require Bear Pro)
- Copy part of a note in a variety of formats to paste elsewhere
- Easily share your notes to any third party app including Wordpress, Mail, Sparkle, etc...
*SEARCH ALL THE THINGS*
- Use Spotlight to search your notes from anywhere
- Quickly find what you need with keyword highlights
- Focus on specific types of notes with powerful Search Triggers. Try @task to find all notes with todos.
*USE IT EVERYWHERE* with sync in Bear Pro
- Sync your notes between Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch
- Notes sync via iCloud, not our servers
- A single in-app subscription works across all your devices
*YOUR NOTES, NOT OURS*
- Bear is private at its core: We cannot see your notes, tags, or anything else
- **NEW** Encrypt individual notes with a password that is entirely private to you (Bear Pro required)
- **NEW** Lock Bear with Face/Touch ID (Bear Pro required)
- Export notes to portable formats like Plain Text, Markdown, and TextBundle
- With a Bear Pro subscription, your notes sync via iCloud, not our servers
- Backup and restore all notes with just a couple taps
*ENABLE ALL FEATURES WITH BEAR PRO*
One low, yearly subscription enables a variety of features on all your devices and keeps the Bear hugs coming.
- **NEW** Encrypt individual notes with a password that is entirely private to you
- **NEW** Lock Bear with Face/Touch ID
- Sync notes between your iPhone, iPad, and Mac via iCloud
- Advanced export to PDF, HTML, DOCX, JPG
- Over a dozen gorgeous app themes to help you create the best writing environment
- More themes are on the way
- Keep the Bear updates coming
$1.49 monthly, $14.99 annually (save 18%)
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. After purchase, manage your subscriptions in App Store Account Settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
$1.49 monthly, includes a one week free trial
$14.99 annually, includes a one month free trial
Terms of Service: http://www.bear-writer.com/terms/
What's New in Version 1.7.10
NEW FEATURES FOR iOS 13 & iPadOS
* Dark Mode on iOS 13 and iPadOS. Bear will remember the themes you pick in Dark and Light modes.
* Work in Bear across multiple spaces in iPadOS. Open a note in Split View next to Safari, then work in a different note next Mail. Or open two different notes side-by-side!
* Annotate photos and PDFs. Circle objects in a photo or highlight important parts of a document. Also, When exporting a note to JPG or PDF, quickly annotate it before sharing to someone or another app.
* Encrypt individual notes - Set a password to protect a sensitive note, and use Face/Touch ID to unlock it
* Lock Bear - Require Face/Touch ID to access Bear
* Spotlight search comes to macOS - Search your Bear notes while working in other apps, even if Bear isn’t open
* Live Note Links - Links to Bear notes from other notes now update automatically, even if the note title changes
* Emoji auto-complete - Anywhere in a note, type a colon (:) and a couple of letters to see emoji suggestions (try :smile for example!)
* New Safari extension - Bear now uses Apple’s latest Safari extension system. On the Mac, Bear automatically adds its extension to Safari (no separate download required), you just need to enable it in Safari preferences. It should now ask for permission only once.
* Safari extension settings moved into Bear - You can now control extension behavior from Bear’s settings
* New TagCons - Many by popular request! 33 new tagcons!
* Improvements to Spotlight search on iOS - Results should be snappier
* More notes on Apple Watch - Now sync up to 15 notes to your Apple Watch
* New Flicktype keyboard for faster writing on Apple Watch
* Two new Bear Pro themes - Gandalf and Ayu Mirage
* Fixed sketcher problem on iPad which caused the app to freeze
* Fixed external keyboard problem on iPad which caused the cursor to not stay on the editor.
* iOS extension fix for Twitter “page contents“ importer
* HTML export fix for internal header links. Now they present themselves as HTML anchors
* Note ID is now shared within HTML and Textbundle metadata
* Minor localisations fixes
* Fixed some minor app crashes
Shiny Frog Ltd.
VPP Device Licensing
iOS 10.0 or later
iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad (4th Generation) (Wi-Fi), iPad (4th Generation) (4G), iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (6th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro, iPad Pro (Cellular), iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) (Cellular), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air (Cellular), iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 (Cellular), iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini Retina, iPad mini Retina (Cellular), iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 (Cellular), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 (Cellular), iPad mini (5th Generation), iPad mini (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th Generation), iPod touch (7th generation), Apple Watch Series 4
English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
There are many options to format text and other commands too... you can also organise the notes.. best writing app
I will use this application forever as long as I live.. Thank you team.. looking forward to web support.
Amazing App but keep on crashing. Pls fix.
I have been an active user of Bear on my iPad and have a yearly pro subscription since two years now. I use my Apple Pencil to take notes on Bear extensively. It was all fine until the iPad OS came in. Ever since I installed iPad OS, I’ve had some strange issues with the app, especially when I’m writing on it with my Pencil. The other day, I’d written to more than three quarters of the screen when I had to pause a little bit. After a few minutes, when I wanted to resume from where I left off, I realised the entire notes had disappeared and I’d lost everything I’d written. Yesterday, it was a similar situation. I was taking notes when I had to refer another app, so I used the multitasking bar. But when I came back to Bear, my notes had disappeared. Based on the pattern I realised that the written notes are not getting auto saved and that I need to close the notes screen for me to either multi task or take a break. Since then, I have been careful about closing the screen. This is not very convenient. Please auto save the written notes and allow me to edit from where I leave off.
Ever since I got an iPad Pro, I have been using it Apple Pencil even for fast typing on keyboard(scribble). But for this bear app Apple Pencil is a myth. App hangs, tools going out of sight , I had to restart the app or enlarge the keyboard to see the editing tools back. I think the app is not compatible with the latest iPadOS update.
A dream? Note it down in Bear. An idea to change the world? Bear. Buy eggs? Bear. Noting down key points from an article? Bear. It would be lovely if you guys could bring out a student plan for the premium product. Loving the application. Thanks bear team.
Compared to all the over loaded apps out there, Bear is a breathe of fresh air. A minimalist app with all the essentials. Clearly a five starrer but sticking to four stars now just to make sure you guys don’t settle with the current functions. 😂
The only 1 thing stands out in apple notes app is that I can lock notes 📝. Which is very crucial for me to completely ditch the Apple notes app.
Please see if you can bring this feature in near future.
Awsome app! Beautiful design and it just works! Thank you!
But please add the ability to lock the app or lock specific notes like in the Notes app. Please.
I rely heavily on making notes on my iPad, making lengthy notes under various headings. Bear note looks really good, hence subscribed for the monthly pro pack. However the search option suffers badly, because when you search for a word, it just takes you to the note, and not the particular location of the word in the note, it does not even highlight the particular word I was looking for ( you just have to look for the particular word by scrolling, god save you if you have a habit of creating long notes).
This app, due to just this one reason, is not suited for serious note making; I tried contacting the app developers and the response wasn’t promising. Already created multiple notes with 100s of lines under them, would not want to go further without this feature. Unsubscribing and looking for a different note making app.
Must have app for iPad ❤️
I like the app very much , it would be great to put
the password lock which is the first thing should have done while introducing the app.I don't know what's taking so long to implement this simple thing .Come on bear app guys
This is a very good app but when I start to write a note and then tap on handwriting, the app just straight up crashes.
Excellent app but should have enabled export to doc for free. If you do this your app will rock.
Have found no use with the app for notes
App is really good. But want a pin lock feature for privacy.
Best note taking app see till date... the enduring options are many & all useful to the core.. the tags functions is awesome.. I use that the most for categories ...the sync on all devises happens smoothly ...
Really simple user and uncluttered UI. Would like to see the ability to lock notes and a web version really soon.
IAWriter, Evernote, Google Keep, Notebook, Apple Notes, OneNote, Ulysses and many more have come short of my needs.
Bear is snappy, fresh and just so /satisfying/ to type in, it compels you to write.
Really love it. Beautiful user design and interface. Well organised. Wish there was lock feature that would be great!!!!
Help me I’m not able to open the app. It’s showing as if it is updating but nothing is happening since days now
Pais subscription for notes. NO WAY.
It’s a flawless writing app with incredible features. One suggestion: Can you make the premium version available with a one-time fee? Keep up the great work!
Bear is beautiful, i meant this app.
It weights less but has all the tools you need, and even more!
Hashtags tool is obvious but i think its innovative and revolutionary in notes taking
Became my go-to notes taking app.
I like Bear personally, I, meant this app again!
Note to the maker:
1.Great Job, Appreciate the work, Thanks for this app, ‘cos i’m loving it!
2.Man, Backing up is so essential, would be pleasing if it would brought under the free functionalities.
Expecting fingerprint lock and face id for this app. Expecting. Why you do not giving this feature
Compared to other notes app, Bear app opens up pretty fast and the interface inside the app is very nice and clean.
Beautiful, well organised and speedy - all the things a note taking app should be. Live markdown support is an added delight! Looking forward to using bear on more platforms, especially the Web!
PS: I'm a grad student and would love to see discounted pricing for students in Bear. Are there any plans for this?
You need to note a lot of things down , when you are creating something. Be it a software or website or a Music Composition. All tiny pieces you used you can quickly document it with Bear. Its my life saver and go to notes app specially for my work life
I find it very useful
Best notes app that segregate using # in several categories.
Love it! There are regular updates and the app is very well designed!
Deducted one star because there is no feature to secure the note. Build a touch ID functionality for the same.
Else it is a fast and a convenient app for note taking.
More than just thoughts and notes,I use this app for my writing—and damn does it feel good to have something easy to use and accessible anywhere and everywhere. Apple notes just doesn’t give you the same satisfaction. Plus I’m kinda hooked on the mascot 🐻.
Bear is the best app that I have used for writing, journaling, and general note-taking and I have used a fair few of them over the years. While the app in itself is as close to perfect as possible, the fact it is supported only on Apple devices is a disappointing limitation.
This is app is just great but it would be literally perfect if I could resize the images and add tables . I make my school notes and print it out but images take almost a whole page when added .
I love writing small little tidbits whenever I have the chance and this app is perfect for just that. Way better than your regular notes app, just the aesthetics are enough to set the mood for a good new note. A wonderful notes app that I would fiercely recommend to anyone who simply wants to store small pen notes to people who want to organise their creative ideas in a new way.
I have been using Bear for a while and it is amazing. My notes are well organised and easy to write. The only problem is when I study in my laptop, it is difficult to copy my notes somewhere and then read them in my mobile again. Ther may be other notes apps but I am used to bear. So please launch ur app in desktops also..
Kudos....for making such an extraordinary app...... it’s amazing how bear offers loads of functions without compromising ..... stability......and ....aesthetics..
Few apps like this set a benchmark for others .....and deserves an .....appreciation.......especially when u have wasted ur time and money to find the right one ......will definitely recommend ...
This app is wonderful but I feel unless it doesn’t have a Windows Application, the flexibility wouldn’t reach its peak. Please make a Windows app so that we could use our desktops too to add notes!
Everything's fine just waiting for web version and windows app would be nice too!
Audio recording and drawings should be added also.
Frugal on resources. Capable editing tools. Excellent overall packaging. Reliable and highly recommended.
I've never used an app other than Notes because all of them never quite improved on Apple's native app. Bear absolutely does that and more. I didn't think twice before upgrading to Pro.
This is the best note taking app and even affordable! Kudos to the team and their work!
This is the best note taking app I have used. The tag feature is impressive and provides a new way to organise notes. It would be very useful if the app adds tag autocomplete suggestions
The licensing doesn't work properly across iOS and macOS, the tech support is next to nothing. Bought the app but doesn't recognise the license from Apple ID, I suggest be informed before you buy the app.
Simple, Sharp and subtle. Love the details in simplicity.
I'd like this app to climb as Day One did. It is a pleasure to use, and is a perfect utility for writing. Within an hour after downloading I upgraded to pro.
It does what it's meant for...taking notes.
No such annoying ads or any ugly interface.
I only wish the developer makes a separate purchase of themes only. I'm a student and I don't spend much on apps...but always loved dark theme.