The best app to record while learning
Inspiration rarely announces itself ahead of time — or when we’re in the studio to capture it. Spire lets artists and musicians effortlessly record and develop that spark anytime, anywhere. With Spire’s award-winning audio technology, you can effortlessly translate song ideas to recordings that your friends will be amazed didn’t come from an expensive studio.
It’s easy to record, multitrack, edit, mix, collaborate on, and share your music with iZotope Spire.
FREE TO BE CREATIVE, WHENEVER INSPIRATION STRIKES
With Spire, you can capture your vocals, song ideas, and more in the highest quality wherever you go. Hit record and instantly capture your idea or start by importing a beat—layer up to 8 tracks in your project. Spire also comes with a metronome to help you keep on the beat.
EDIT ON THE FLY
Quickly trim tracks to tighten up your project using simple touch gestures. Just highlight the parts you want to delete and remove the unwanted audio with the tap of a button.
VISUALIZE YOUR MIX
Mixing on the Spire app is easy and intuitive. Drag track icons up and down for volume, and left and right to pan. The visual mixer makes building you soundscape effortless. The stereo feature puts iZotope's award-winning Ozone Imager signal processing to work. Want big, lush guitars? Keep your track on “Stereo”. Want intimate vocals? Turn “Stereo” off.
STREAMLINE COLLABORATION WITH CLOUD SHARING
Collaborating on a song with co-writers, bandmates, or producers has never been this easy. Whenever you’re ready, you can instantly create and send a project link, allowing your collaborators to preview the song, open the project in Spire, download an .MP3 or .WAV mixdown, and even download high-quality stems to produce within a DAW.
PUBLISH TO THE WORLD
Once you’ve finished your song and you’re ready to share it with your fans, you can publish it directly to SoundCloud or social media (Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, and more) from the Spire app. You can also share an .MP3, .WAV, or individual tracks over text message, email, or Airdrop.
PAIR YOUR APP WITH SPIRE STUDIO
Spire Studio is a versatile and intelligent recorder that pairs wirelessly with your mobile device. From importing a beat and toplining vocals to capturing a guitar part and building it into a multitrack song, the key to Spire Studio is that it’s so easy to get high-quality recordings.
Soundcheck will detect your voice or instrument, automatically shape your EQ, and set your levels. Explore creative vocal and instrument effects. Use the onboard condenser mic or plug in an external mic and instruments then layer up to eight tracks. Edit and mix then master with Enhance (powered by iZotope Ozone). Spire Studio is the best option for vocalists and songwriters who want to stay in their creative flow.
SPIRE STUDIO FEATURES
• SOUNDCHECK – In seconds, Soundcheck will automatically set your levels, identify your instrument, and sculpt your tone to sound great in the mix.
• ENHANCE – Improve clarity and boost loudness in seconds with the help of iZotope’s Ozone mastering technology.
• CREATIVE EFFECTS – A toolbox of vocal effects, amps, pedals, and spaces to give your tracks unique flavor.
• INTUITIVE CONTROL – Simple button and touch-sensitive LED controls on Spire Studio make recording quick and easy.
• ON-BOARD MICROPHONE – A studio-grade omnidirectional condenser mic picks up 360° of crisp, natural audio.
• DUAL COMBO INPUTS – Two XLR and ¼” inputs let you record with any mic and instrument.
• CUSTOM PREAMPS – Pristine clarity from custom-designed industry-leading Grace Design preamps.
• PHANTOM POWER – 48V to power your favorite studio condenser mics.
• 4+ HOUR BATTERY LIFE – Rechargeable battery lets you capture ideas anywhere.
• 2 HEADPHONE OUTPUTS – Two 1/8" outputs so you and a friend can monitor while recording.
Visit www.izotope.com/spire to learn more
What's New in Version 2.20.0
• Avoid clipping and distortion with intelligent Soundcheck for iOS!
• Renamed Narrow/Wide mix feature powered by iZotope’s Ozone Imager
• Added option to export unmixed individual audio tracks
• Miscellaneous bug fixes
VPP Device Licensing
iOS 10.0 or later
iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (6th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro, iPad Pro (Cellular), iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) (Cellular), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air (Cellular), iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 (Cellular), iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini Retina, iPad mini Retina (Cellular), iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 (Cellular), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 (Cellular), iPad mini (5th Generation), iPad mini (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th Generation), iPod touch (7th generation)
Works like a charm
I heard about this app through the Song Exploder podcast, and thought I'd give it a shot because I enjoy recording rough musical ideas while on the go.
Phew. Let me tell you, this is one of the most beautiful pieces of mobile software I've ever used. It's got a gorgeous aesthetic, it's incredibly fast, the track mixer is really intuitive, and best of all, it just WORKS. If you can live with a few limitations like the 4 track limit, no cropping tools etc, it is easily one of the top recording apps out there, and it's free, for God's sake.